Application for the CGA Competitive Graduate Award for International and US Students in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in USA.
The purpose of Competitive Graduate Awards (CGA) is to support highly qualified new graduate students who are accepted into master’s degree programs at SIUE. The RA position provides significant benefits, including: Full tuition waiver for both fall and spring semesters for up to 12 credit hours per semester. Highly competitive stipend rate of $930 per month ($465 per semi-monthly paycheck), for a total of $8370 for the entire academic year, prior to tax deductions, and Summer tuition waiver for the summer following the awarded academic year for up to 9 credit hours.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is a public doctoral/professional university in Edwardsville, Illinois.SIUE was established in 1957 as an extension of Southern Illinois University Carbondale. The University offers graduate programs through its Graduate School.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CGA AWARD ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- a fully admitted new graduate student who is accepted as a classified student in a masters graduate degree program at SIUE and whose first term of enrollment will be no earlier than the summer preceding the fall award period.
- an SIUE undergraduate approved for admission to and currently enrolled in an approved combined bachelor to masters program provided they will be fully admitted to the graduate program before the fall award period.
- a previously-enrolled graduate student who has been out of their program for at least 4 semesters at the time of the CGA application.
- The applicant must have a minimum 3.25 undergraduate cumulative GPA and, if relevant, a minimum 3.25 graduate cumulative GPA in order to apply.
- The applicant must have an identified SIUE faculty member who will work with the applicant on a scholarly activity during the award period.
- Currently-enrolled SIUE undergraduate student workers are eligible to apply provided they meet the above requirements.
- the US and international students can apply for these graduate awards.
CGA AWARD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to the applicant’s ability to be successful in graduate studies
- Competitive Graduate Award Faculty Mentor form – To find a mentor, visit the department within the SIUE website to learn about the faculty and their research. You can also contact the Graduate Program Director in your program for assistance.
- Scholarly Activities Research Plan- This is a statement describing the scholarly activity you will do during the award period. Scholarly activities may include all components of research and creative activities, from learning to review and evaluate published materials to hands-on assistance in laboratories and studios. The proposed activity(ies) should be suitable for your skill level and reasonable for the time period of the award. You are expected to average 10 hours per week on this work. Include appropriate background information to indicate why these activities were chosen and why you believe you will be successful in completing the activities.
- Signed release of information
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 15, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below