Application for the Charles Wallace India Trust Long term Awards in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the British Council in UK.
Every year CWIT offers up to 10 long term awards, aiming at giving early to mid-career practitioners a chance to study or gain wider experience and exposure. The sponsorship will cover accommodation and living costs in the UK, fees and a contribution to international fares.
CWIT enables Indians in the early to mid-stages of their careers to spend time in the UK, helping them to achieve artistic, academic and professional ambitions and to broaden their international contacts.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CHARLES WALLACE INDIA AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from India are eligible to apply for these awards.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen living in India
- Be aged between 25 and 38
- Have a first degree, diploma or professional qualification in their specialization. CWIT prefers applicants with significant working experience
- Have not received a CWIT grant within the last five years.
- CWIT covers the following Arts and Heritage Conservation fields of study:
- Visual Arts
- Performance, e.g. Dance, Drama, Music, Directing
- Film – including Script Writing and Direction
- Design (but not Architecture)
- Art History
- Heritage Conservation
- Conservation architecture
- Management of heritage projects or sites
- Conservation of materials such as timber, stone, metal (including metal structures, armour, and artefacts), paintings, photographs, and film. Internships for painting conservators are sometimes hosted at the Tate conservation department.
- Conservation of landscape
- Management of museums and collections
- Engineering, in relation to conservation of heritage buildings and structures
- To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Candidates must have an IELTS Certificate.
CHARLES WALLACE INDIA AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants have to fill the online application form for the grant.
Application must include:
- To apply, students must be ready to submit a Statement of Purpose, stating clearly which course you plan to follow, what you want to do in the UK and how you plan to put this into use on returning to India, evidence of unconditional acceptance on the course, programme, attachment or internship for which you have applied, or evidence of progress towards acceptance and portfolio.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 31, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below