Application for the Nottingham Undergraduate Financial Aid for International Students in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) in UK.
This award is designed for those wish to start or continue their postdoctoral training at one of the world’s leading comprehensive cancer centres. Two successful candidates have the opportunity of spending two years at the centre developing an ambitious research project. The selected candidate will be employed by the CNIO through a working contract in accordance with Spanish laws and regulations and will be entitled to all benefits available to regular CNIO employees. Accordingly, contracts fully cover social security, including sickness and parental benefits, pension rights and unemployment benefits. During the duration of their contract, the postdoctoral scientist must work full time at the CNIO.
The purpose of the fellowship programme is to provide young scientists with cutting-edge cancer research training in an interdisciplinary and internationally competitive environment.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CNIO FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Pursue a postdoctoral training program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Enrolment in a predoctoral and/or postdoctoral training programme in a recognized research centre in the UK or in the USA for at least 24 months during the past 3 years (from June 1, 2017, to March 1, 2020).
- Hold a PhD degree. Candidates who are expected to obtain their degree before March 31, 2020, are eligible provided that their thesis supervisor accredits this circumstance in his/her letter of reference.
- In the case that the candidate was awarded a fellowship but did not obtain the PhD degree before the date mentioned above, his/her position would be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
- At least one first-author publication either published or accepted before the application deadline in a relevant international peer-reviewed journal in the Medicine & Life Sciences field.
- For admission, applicants must hold a PhD degree from a recognized university.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
CNIO FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- For applications, the online application form has to be used (https://apps.cnio.es/ing/cursos/programapostdoctorado-form-uk.asp). The applicant is responsible for the veracity, accuracy and completeness of the data provided in the online application form.
Application must include:
- Candidates must upload all required documents such as two letters of reference; one of them has to be provided by the thesis supervisor.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below