Application for the Cole Foundation Fellowships for Canadian and all Foreign Citizens in Canada – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the McGill University in Canada.
The Cole Foundation was founded in 1980 by the late J N (Jack) Cole, the retired Vice Chair of Wood Gundy. The primary mandate of the Foundation is to support research and patient care in the fields of pediatric and young adult leukemia and lymphomas in Montreal. The fellowships are offered for a two-year mandate. The instalment for the second year is contingent upon a satisfactory progress report for the previous year’s activities and upon the support of the host laboratory director. On a yearly basis, these fellowships offer $50,000 for clinical fellows; $40,000 for postdoctoral fellows; and $21,000 for doctoral fellows. In addition, a yearly supplement of up to $2,000 for clinical fellows and post-doctoral fellows and up to $1,000 for doctoral fellows will be awarded for academic activities (attendance at conventions, etc.).
McGill University is one of Canada’s best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world. With students coming to McGill from some 150 countries, our student body is the most internationally diverse of any research-intensive university in the country.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
COLE FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- This competition is open to all Canadian and all foreign citizens.
- Have full-time status at the University of Montreal, McGill University or at the INRS-Institut Armand-Frappier
• Be registered in a graduate program (PhD) or in a program of postdoctoral or clinical studies
• Complete a Cole Foundation Fellowship application form
• Submit a letter of support from their supervisor which, among other information, is to include a description of the mentorship programme for the candidate. This competition is open to all Canadian and all foreign citizens. The scholar’s research activities can be carried out in the Montreal area or in an establishment outside Montreal so long as this is accepted by the research director.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
COLE FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Application forms for submissions and for letters of support must be submitted by email to Nishat Shabnam at the email address provided below. A paper copy of the first page of the application form with the signatures should also be submitted to Nishat. The award winners will be announced before the end of May 2020 by the Cole Foundation and the fellowships will take effect on July 1, 2020. The mode of applying is electronically.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 3, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below