Application for the Commonwealth Scholarships for International Students in Sri Lanka- 2019/2020 Entry is now open.
The fully-funded award is available for the candidates of Commonwealth countries, who are looking for a chance to pursue a master’s degree program in Sri Lanka.
The award will provide fully funded tuition fees, living expenses allowance for the duration of the grant, return economy flights from home to host country along with once-off arrival allowance and a research support grant.
The Commonwealth of Nations, usually known as the Commonwealth. It is a unique political association of 53 member states which focuses on intergovernmental aspects, and the Commonwealth Foundation.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Except for Sri Lanka, applicants from other Commonwealth countries are acceptable (includes South Africa).
- Aspirants can apply for a research master’s degree program at any subjects offered by the participating universities.
- Must not hold any other grant from the participating universities.
- The candidate must be graduates in biological, medical, dental, veterinary, agricultural or chemical sciences for applying at the University of Colombo and hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least three years of managerial experience for taking admission at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- You are bound to demonstrate to show your English language ability through a TOEFL or IELTS test, only if English is not your mother tongue.
COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Recipients are advised to join the masters in Molecular Life Science, and masters in Cellular and Molecular Immunologydegree programs at the IBMBB, University of Colombo and also, a Master of Business Administration degree course at PIM, the University of Sri Jayewardenepura in Sri Lanka. After joining a master’s program they can apply for the fund through the application portal.
Application must include:
- Academic transcripts, two references-preferably academics, the scan of passport or national ID card; proof of language ability should be submitted.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 26, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below