Application for the CSC-UVic Postgraduate Fellowships for Chinese Students in Canada – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the China Scholarship Council and University of Victoria in Canada.
The aim of the fellowship is to support outstanding Chinese students in pursuing PhD study at the University of Victoria or Visiting Research PhD students may be supported for up to 24 months through this program. The CSC support will cover students’ international travel, living (food and accommodation) and health insurance expenses. UVic will not charge tuition to visiting research students.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CSC-UVIC FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Chinese applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Applicants must be fluent in English
CSC-UVIC FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The students shall register online and submit application documents between February 20 and March 20 for CSC funding.
Application must include:
- The CSC will publish the first-round competition results in May each year. The CSC may accept applications for the second-round competitions. Students should present their Foreign Language Credential and UVic’s Letter of Acceptance, obtain a Letter of Permission from their home institutions, and then go to the Chinese Ministry of Education Studying Abroad Service Centre to complete the rest of the procedure.
- Students approved by the CSC must sign an agreement with CSC, notarize the agreement, and pay the required deposit before leaving China.
- CSC Fellowship holders must present UVic’s Letter of Acceptance and the CSC fellowship approval to the Canadian Embassy in China in order to apply for a student visa.
- The China Scholarship Council requires the following:
- A well-defined research plan jointly developed by the collaborating PhD supervisors at UVic and those at one of the top Chinese universities. The research must be in one of the priority areas identified by the CSC (See the following list of priority areas).
- Students must be excellent PhD students enrolled in one of the top Chinese universities and nominated by their home universities in China.
- A formal letter outlining conditions for the visit must be signed by the students, the supervisors and the head of the UVic academic unit. Students must obtain a formal Letter of Invitation from the UVic co-supervisor in early December and the formal Letter of Acceptance from UVic by February 20. (See sample letters below).
- With permission from their home institutions, the students shall register online and submit application documents between February 20 and March 20 for CSC funding.
Students from “985 Project” or “211 Project” universities in China must submit their applications directly to their home universities. Students from other institutions must submit their applications to CSC authorized organizations.
- The universities and the CSC authorized organizations will accept applications, answer enquiries, check application documents, and submit the documents to CSC before March 20. CSC does not directly accept individual applications.
- The students shall refer to the latest “CSC Selection Guidelines” to prepare application documents.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 20, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below