Application for the DAAD Master Awards for Public Policy and Good Governance in Germany – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the DAAD in Germany.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 850 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable. DAADscholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are 2 exempted from tuition fees.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organisation of its kind.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DAAD MASTER AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Eligible Countries: List of Countries: Europe (Ukraine), Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Central African Republic, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauretania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria) Middle East (Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestinian Administered Areas, Syria and Yemen), Asia: (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Indonesia, Korea, Dem. Rep., Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam, Rwanda, Sâo Tomé und Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe, America (Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela) can apply for this DAAD International scholarship.
- The studentships are provided in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of the applicant’s home country.
- The programme is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. The bursaries are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
- For Master courses taught in German or in German and English, good knowledge of German (ideally at completed A 2 level at the time of application) is an advantage for being able to pass the German language test required for admission to the Master programme at the end of the six-month preparatory German course. For courses taught in English, proof of good knowledge of English is required.
DAAD MASTER AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-SchmidtProgramme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). Please submit your applications for the selected master’s course and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only (not to DAAD). Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the respective course/university.
Application must include:
- DAAD application form for research grants and study scholarships (please fill in electronically and not written by hand)
- Motivation letter containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing this application programme and the universities, two pages maximum
- Full curriculum vitae including information about precise field of study and, if applicable, description of job experience
- Copies of acquired university degrees (an explanation of the grading system has to be attached)
- Copies of the transcript of records
- Copy of the school leaving certificate/high school diploma which entitles holders to study at a university in their home country
- Recent language certificates (German and English)
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/or current or former employers of recent date, supplemented by signature, official letterhead, stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
- Applications is Open.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below