Application for the Deakin Postgraduate Research Funding for Domestic and International Students in Australia – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Deakin University in Australia.
There are two types of scholarships: the RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Federal Government, while the DUPR opportunities are funded by Deakin University in Australia. A stipend of $27,596 (2019 rate) or $28,092 per annum tax exempt, A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin, For international students only: overseas health coverage for the duration of the tuition fees offset, Doctoral Degree : 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset, and Research Master Degree: 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset.
Deakin University is a university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DEAKIN RESEARCH FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate.
- The studentships are available to domestic and international students.
- Refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to an HDR course at Deakin University.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
DEAKIN RESEARCH FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply, you will need to submit the following documents and information using our online application form :
Application must include:
- A full curriculum vitae/resume
- A personal statement outlining i) your journalistic values, ii) the major trends in the media landscape in which you work, and iii) a summary of what you think you would contribute to the Fellowship programme (no more than 500 words in total).
- A statement of up to 1,000 words explaining your proposed research project
- A reference from your employer, supporting your application and granting leave of absence – if you are a freelance journalist, we will accept a professional reference from a colleague or higher education tutor
- A second professional reference
- A sample of your work
- Applications is Open.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below