Application for the Dennis William Moore funding For Overseas in New Zealand – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand.
The studentship is available for the brightest postgraduate candidates from New Zealand and all over the world to undertake observational work in Astronomy at Mt John as part of his/her thesis work.The sponsorship will be awarded worth up to $5,000.
The University of Canterbury is the second institution in New Zealand providing tertiary-level education. It is New Zealand’s second-oldest university which was established in 1873 and ranked within the top 500 universities in the world.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DENNIS WILLIAM MOORE FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Aspirants from New Zealand and all over the world.
- Postgraduate degree by research in Astronomy.
- The studentship will be awarded to a thesis student in Astronomy who has been or will be undertaking observational work at Mt John as part of his/her thesis work. The tenure shall be one year for a Masters student and up to three years for a student enrolled in a PhD.
- For aspirants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English language proficiency level.
- For taking admission, claimants are required to hold the certificates of the previous degree with good academic grades.
DENNIS WILLIAM MOORE FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for this bursary, claimants are advised to be registered as a postgraduate degree by research student at the University of Canterbury. After taking affirmation, candidates will be automatically considered for this studentship.
Application must include:
- There are no supporting documents are needed for this grant. At the time of application, the university may be asked for it.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 1, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below