Application for the Dianne Woest International Fellowship in the Arts and Humanities in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Historic New Orleans Collection in USA.
The Fellowship is available for doctoral candidates, academic or museum professionals, and independent scholars. It aims to encourage fellows to explore research facilities in the Greater New Orleans area. The fellowship includes a stipend of $4,000. Fellows may select their period(s) of residence, but all research must commence and conclude during the specified fellowship term.
The Historic New Orleans Collection (THNOC) is a museum, research center, and publisher dedicated to preserving the history and culture of New Orleans and the Gulf South.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DIANNE WOEST INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Domestic and International students are eligible to apply.
- The fellowship supports scholarly research on the history and culture of Louisiana and the Gulf South.
- The Fellowship is open to doctoral candidates, academic and museum professionals, and independent scholars.
- Fellows will be expected to acknowledge THNOC in any published work drawing on fellowship research.
- Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, or any other protected status.
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate or master’s degree at the time of admission.
- If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate (not more than two years old at the proposed date of admission) or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
DIANNE WOEST INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with THNOC’s resources by visiting the Research page and browsing our holdings via our online public access catalog. In order to apply, candidates must have to submit this application form.
- You should submit the following documents with the application form: Current vita 3, a 100-word abstract of the project, a research proposal, not to exceed six double-spaced pages, in which you (a) outline the scope of the project; (b) discuss the relevance of research materials at and (c) discuss the anticipated product of your research. In addition, please submit letters of recommendation.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 15, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below