Application for the Distance Learning Scholarships for South African Students in UK – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of London and Canon Collins Trust in UK.
This programme is open to talented candidates who want to study postgraduate, diploma and Masters of Law (LLB) at the University of London. The University of London will select four scholars to receive the award, which cover full tuition fees and exam entry fees.
The University of London was established by royal charter in 1836 as a degree-awarding examination board for students holding certificates from University College London and King’s College London and other such Institutions, corporate or unincorporated.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DISTANCE LEARNING SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from South Africa, Zambia, Malawi, or Congo.
- Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, and Masters of Law (LLB)
- Must be a national or have refugee status in South Africa, Zambia, Malawi, or Congo
- Must reside in one of the above countries
- Must have completed the necessary qualification for admission to the programme
- Must be currently employed (full time or part-time)
- Must be able to commit to 10 hours of study per week (minimum)
- Candidate must provide the followings:
- For LLM entry point – you have 1 of these:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) qualification with second-class honours from the University of London
- A second-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with at least half the units being law-related subjects
- Passed the Bar Vocational Course (BVC) of England and Wales or the Qualifying Exam of the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority of England and a second – class bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Completed the Common Professional Examination or Graduate Diploma in Law and a second – class bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Qualified as a solicitor or barrister in Wales, England or equivalent in another country
- For PGDip entry point – you must have 1 of these:
- A second-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the University of London or any other acceptable institution
- A Master Degree
- For PGCert – you must have 1 of these:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from the University of London or any acceptable institution
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience (e.g. banking, accounting, insurance, or finance)
- Students will at least be able to considered:
- IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 and 6 in the written test (minimum scores)
- TOEFL with an overall score of 92 (with 22 in the Reading and Writing sub – tests) and 20 in the Speaking and Listening sub-tests (minimum requirements)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 59/ above with a minimum of 59 in both Writing and Reading elements and a minimum of 54 in Listening and Speaking elements
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (with a minimum of a grade C)
- Duolingo: must achieve an overall score of 120 or more.
DISTANCE LEARNING SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application ( the submission of these documents is compulsory- if any items are missing, your application be disregarded)
- ID document (or birth certificate, passport, driver’s license)
- Academic transcripts (if applying for LLM studies)
- Degree certificate/ school/other certificates (if applying for LLM studies)
- 2 x reference letters relating to the application and how you would be a suitable candidate (preferably a reference from an employer and an academic reference or 2 work reference if you have not attended university)
- 2 latest payslips
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 7 June, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below