Application for the Distant Horizons Awards at University of Westminster in UK 2019/2020 Entry is now open for International students in the UK.
The University of Westminster is proud to provide a Distant Horizons Awards for undergraduate students who want to take part in academic or employability-related events or activities overseas.
UW University strives to help students from different backgrounds fulfill their potential. The university supports more than 19,000 students on our undergraduate, postgraduate and professional courses.
The scholarship award covers travel costs, such as international transportation (eg flights, trains), accommodation and related participation fees (eg conference fees, registration fees).
DISTANT HORIZONS AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students are invited to apply.
- The travel awards are only open to undergraduate students studying at the University of Westminster.
- The travel must take place internationally and must be completed by 31 August 2019.
- The overseas activity must be at least 5 days long. Erasmus+ grant recipients are not eligible for the award.
DISTANT HORIZONS AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Make a strong case that the travel will benefit you either academically or in your career. Proof of costs must be provided.
- Preference will be given to students who: are taking part in a semester or year abroad program, are receiving the Distant Horizons Award for the first time, are not returning to their home country for the overseas activity.
- In order to promote overseas mobility to groups which are statistically less likely to undertake such actions, the University also has a number of ring-fenced funds within Distant Horizons.
- Students initially will self-select to be considered for these funds – evidence of eligibility may be requested at a later date if your application is successful.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must download the application form below and follow the instructions on the form.
- For Distant Horizon awards application form: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/distant-horizons-award-application-form.docx
- For Overseas trip risk assessment form: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/overseas-field-trip-risk-assessment-form.docx
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 1, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below