Application for the Doctoral Position in Astronomy and Astrophysics in Sweden – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the Lund University in Sweden.
The aim of the position is to support international students who hold a Masters degree in astronomy, physics or in other ways obtained the equivalent qualifications.
Lund University is one of Europe’s oldest, largest and most prestigious universities, consistently ranking among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 42 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DOCTORAL POSITION ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International applicants are eligible to apply for the studentship.
- The position is open to students of all nationalities who, at the time of starting the PhD studies, have obtained a Masters degree in astronomy, physics or in other ways obtained the equivalent qualifications. In case of uncertainty concerning the applicant’s eligibility.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is required.
DOCTORAL POSITION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Candidates should send a curriculum vitae (including a transcript of academic grades) and a brief statement of research interest. The application should also include the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of two persons who have agreed to serve as a reference for the applicant.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 1, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below