Application for the FMI International PhD Program in Switzerland – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the Ghent University in Belgium.
The educational award is open for PhD students from developing countries who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country. Students receives a bench fee of €310/per month of research in Ghent + €8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs, as well as part of the travelling costs.
Ghent University is one of the major research universities in Belgium. The university aims to grow into excellent research centres by upgrading local academic personnel. It offers facilities for start-up technology companies and conducts sustainability research.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from Developing Countries are eligible to apply for this application.
- The doctoral students will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Candidates need to come from – and have the nationality of – a developing country
- This funding is only open for students who intend to obtain a (joint ) PhD degree at Ghent University
- The proposals must be jointly submitted by a candidate, a promoter (supervisor) at Ghent University and a supervisor at the partner university.
- No restrictions are imposed on the field of research, nevertheless, preference will be given to topics that are relevant for development.
- All international PhD candidates need to complete an admission procedure during which the academic aspects (equivalence of your degree, research proposal, and language skills) will be evaluated.
DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To get involved in this program, you need to take admission in doctoral degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled at the university, they will complete the Application form 2020 and send with all documents via email to [email protected]
Application must include:
- A Legalized copy of your diplomas, records of study results and documents that prove the study results of the candidate and many others must be submitted.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 4, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below