Application for the DropTES Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries in Germany – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs in Germany.
The programme is aimed at contributing to the promotion of space education and research in microgravity around the world particularly for the enhancement of relevant capacity-building activities in developing countries. The selected research team will be offered financial support exclusively for travel purposes. This may include the provision of most economical economy class round-trip air tickets between the participants’ international airport of departure and Bremen. En-route expenses or any changes made to the air tickets must be the responsibility of the participants. The drops or catapult launches are sponsored by DLR Space Administration. The technical support provided by ZARM is included in those sponsored drops or catapult launches and therefore free of charge.
For the stay of the student team in Bremen, ZARM will provide free of charge its on-site apartment at the drop tower facility, which has two separate rooms with two beds in each room, a bathroom, and a common kitchen. The ZARM apartment can accommodate up to four people.
The academic supervisor (team leader) of the students will be accommodated in a nearby hotel, which shall be basically located in walking distance from the Bremen Drop Tower. Accommodation expenses for the stay of the academic supervisor will be covered by UNOOSA.
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) works to promote international cooperation in the peaceful use and exploration of space, and in the utilization of space science and technology for sustainable economic and social development.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DROPTES FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Fellowship is awarded to applicants from the Member States of the United Nations.
- The DropTES Fellowship Programme is open to research teams from entities that are the Member States of the United Nations. Teams should consist of up to four Bachelor, Master and/or PhD students who must be endorsed by an academic supervisor.
- It is further required that the proposed experiment be an integral part of the students’ syllabuses, that is, part of a Bachelor thesis, a Master thesis, a PhD thesis, or another form of research project associated with the applicants’ studies at the respective university.
- The program’s language will be English. So it is expected that applicants should have a good knowledge of English.
DROPTES FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 29, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below