Application for the Duke University Free Online Course on English Composition in USA – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the Duke University in USA.
“English Composition I” provides an introduction to and foundation for the academic reading and writing characteristic of college.
Duke University has about 13,000 undergraduate and graduate students and a world-class faculty helping to expand the frontiers of knowledge. The university has a strong commitment to applying knowledge in service to society, both near its North Carolina campus and around the world.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FREE ONLINE COURSE ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Summarize, analyze, question, and evaluate written and visual texts
- Argue and support a position
- Recognize audience and disciplinary expectations
- Identify and use the stages of the writing process
- Identify characteristics of effective prose
- Apply proper citation practices
- Discuss applying your writing knowledge to other writing occasions
- This course is open to any student interested in improving their writing. The content is equivalent to a semester of a first-year writing course. Students should have basic English proficiency and exposure to secondary-level (high-school level) English or composition.
FREE ONLINE COURSE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Go to the course website link
- Create a Coursera account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) Any-time you can start the course.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below