Application for the Duncan Norman Research Scholarships for International Students in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Liverpool in UK.
The objective of The grant is to enable academically gifted students who also have the personal qualities to make them leaders in society, to pursue PhD study at the University of Liverpool. Two Scholarships shall be awarded for 2020 and competition, therefore, is very strong. This prestigious Scholarship consists of the following funding and research support: Competitive annual maintenance stipend of £15,000 (or top-up to this level of maintenance if the candidate is in receipt of another source of funding), Full payment of tuition fees (Home, EU or Overseas), Free University accommodation of up to £4,635 pa or an allowance of the same amount for students wishing to live off-campus, Laptop or desktop computer of up to £1000 in value, Support for conference expenses of up to £500 in years 2 & 3.
The grant is awarded for one year in the first instance and, subject to satisfactory academic progress, will be renewed for a total period of up to three years. Priority will be given to students in receipt of Research Council or other equivalent funding.
The University of Liverpool is a public university based in the city of Liverpool, England. Founded as a college in 1881, it gained its royal charter in 1903 with the ability to award degrees and is also known to be one of the six original “red brick” civic universities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DUNCAN NORMAN SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- UK, EU and Overseas students can apply for Duncan Norman Research Scholarship.
- The grant is open for application to all prospective full-time postgraduate research students irrespective of nationality, tuition fee status or subject area, starting an academic programme on 1st October 2020. Please note that prospective MRes, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, and currently registered University of Liverpool MPhil/PhD students, are not eligible for application to this application , this award is only available to candidates planning to start in October 2020. Prospective applicants must hold a formal offer of study for a PhD programme at the University of Liverpool for the academic session starting on 1 October 2020 and only students who already hold, or are likely to attain in forthcoming examinations, a first-class honours degree (or its equivalent) are likely to be considered by the University’s Awarding Committee.
- All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language and are required to provide evidence of this.
DUNCAN NORMAN SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications can be sent via email or by post. Applications to this prestigious award are extremely competitive: students must ensure that their application form is complete, including the reference.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 6, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below