Application for the Durham Doctoral Studentships for International Applicants in UK – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Durham University in Uk.
The aim of the university is to promote the highest standards of individual behaviour and personal accountability and value social responsibility as a University and in our external partnerships. Durham Doctoral Awards are tenable for three years full-time or five years part-time, and offer the following financial support package: an annual maintenance allowance at Research Council rates, fees at the overseas rate. In addition, departments may be able to offer paid teaching and/or research assistance opportunities.
Durham University is distinctive a residential Collegiate university with long traditions and modern values. They seek the highest distinction in research and scholarship and are committed to excellence in all aspects of education and transmission of knowledge.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DURHAM DOCTORAL STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students are eligible to apply.
- They are looking for candidates with the following:
- a first-class or very good 2:1 undergraduate degree
- an MA (completed or in progress) in a relevant subject area at distinction or near- distinction level
- an outstanding academic record and research potential
- a high-quality research project that can be completed within 3 years
- a clear and credible link between the proposed research and the expertise of the supervisory team;
- a clear understanding of how the project fits with the research environments in which it will be carried out (you may wish to comment here on the relevance of the department, centre or institute)
- The University accepts IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as preferred English Language proficiency tests. All qualifications must normally be taken within two years of the start of the academic programme to meet the academic requirements of the University.
- IELTS: 6.5 (no component under 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based test): 92 (no component under 23)
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE): Grade C
- Cambridge Advanced (CAE): Grade A
- Cambridge IGCSE First Language English at Grade C or above [not normally acceptable for students who require a Tier 4 student visa]
- Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language at Grade B or above [not normally acceptable for students who require a Tier 4 student visa]
- GCSE English Language at grade C or above
- Pearson Test of English (overall score 62 (with no score less than 56 in each component))
DURHAM DOCTORAL STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of application is online.
- To apply for Durham Doctoral Studentship applicants need to complete the University’s online application form and state that they wish to be considered for the award when the form asks them how they intend to fund their studies.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 12 January, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below