The application for the ECSDevelop Masters & PhD Scholarship for the academic year 2021/2022 is now open by ECSDevelop for all interested students in East Africa.
Call for Applications for Masters and PhD Scholarships Tenable at Makerere University (MAK), Kyambogo University (KYU) and Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) in collaboration with University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU) under The APPEAR Academic Partnership Project ‘Environmental Chemistry for Sustainable Development (ECSDevelop).
The scholarship covers:
- Full tuition fees: Payable directly to the University according to an official invoice;
- Stipend: EUR 2,400 and EUR 3,600 for MSc and PhD students, respectively, per year to support living expenses during project duration;
- Field visits, study materials and laboratory consumables: One-off allowance;
- Workshops on renewable resources/analytical skills and webinar series on biorefinery;
- Research fellowships in BOKU, Austria: Students will be provided with money to cover their costs for accommodation, insurance and upkeep while in Austria at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU).
ECSDEVELOP MASTERS & PHD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
- The project offers financial support to academically skilled master’s and PhD students with main focus on aforementioned priority areas. 4 PhD scholarships (2 tenable at MAK -Uganda, 1 tenable at KYU-Uganda, and 1 tenable at JOOUST-Kenya), and up to 5 Master scholarships (3 tenable at MAK, 1 tenable at KYU, and 1 tenable at JOOUST) will be considered for funding by ECSDevelop project. 50% of the scholarships will be awarded to females.
Interested applicants should submit the following sets of documents:
- An application letter for a Master’s or PhD scholarships;
- A current CV (at most 2 pages), including a detailed description of the previous education at the University level (all courses and grades) and a description of current research interests in line with the stated ECSDevelop project areas of focus;
- Citizenship Proof – Copy of national identity card or passport;
- Three recent passport size photos;
- A certified copy of the bachelor’s degree & certificate for Master’s applicants; Master’s degree & certificate for PhD applicants;
- A copy of admission letter to the MSc. Program at MAK or KYU or JOOUST for Master’s applicants;
- A research Concept Note maximum 5 pages with a detailed description of the applicant’s research interest.
- A motivation letter showing why they are interested in pursuing Masters or PhD studies and expected outputs from their master’s or PhD studies.
- At least two recommendation letters from your academic referees. The reference letters should be sent together with the application.
- These are competitive Masters & PhD scholarships. The applications shall be vetted by a selection panel consisting of professionals from MAK, KYU, JOOUST and BOKU. Previous working experiences with research projects will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ECSDEVELOP MASTERS & PHD SCHOLARSHIP
- All application documents must be zipped up in one file folder;
- Electronic submission of application for scholarship with supporting documents should be sent to the Overall Project Coordinator of ECSDevelop, Dr. Christine Betty Nagawa on e-mail christine.nagawa[at]mak.ac.ug with a copy to ECSDevelop Project Coordinator at JOOUST, Dr. Solomon Omwoma Lugasi on e-mail slugasi[at]jooust.ac.ke; and to the ECSDevelop project Coordinator KYU, Dr. Christine Kyarimpa on email ckyarimpa[at]kyu.ac.ug
- No hard copies of application documents will be required given the prevailing covid-19 situation;
- Deadline for submission of applications is 30th January, 2022 17:00 hours, EAT. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 30/01/2022.
- How to Apply for the SAMRC RCDI-nested Postdoc Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the CETA Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the UWC Financial Aid
- How to Apply for the FoodBev SETA Research and Innovation Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the DAC Bursaries for Heritage-related Studies >>>
- How to Apply for the Multichoice Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply to the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Scholarship >>>
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @EAfinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.