Application for the EDUFI Fellowships Programme for International Students in Finland – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Finnish Government in Finland.
The aim of the CIMO fellowship programme is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality. The university will first pay the grant to the fellow as a personal grant and will then invoice it to EDUFI after the end of the fellowship, The grant can be split over several periods, and The grant is intended to cover the living costs of the fellow in Finland.
Fellowships are mainly targeted at those doctoral level students who will be doing their whole Doctorate or Double Doctorate at a Finnish university.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
EDUFI FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students can apply for these CIMO fellowships.
- The primary target groups in the CIMO Fellowship programme are such Doctoral level students who will be doing their Doctorate (or Double Doctorate) at a Finnish university.
- Visiting Doctoral-level students and researchers who are doing their Doctorate degree at some foreign university can also be considered eligible, provided that the motivation letter of the hosting Finnish university department presents exceptionally good grounds for such an application.
- The programme is open for applicants from all countries. However, when decisions on scholarship are made, the emphasis is given to applicants from Russia, China, India, Chile, Brazil and North America.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
EDUFI FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAMME APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications should be submitted on the attached EDUFI Fellowships application form, which should be filled in electronically, then printed out and signed by hand. Two copies of the application with required attachments should be submitted to the following address: Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI), P.O. Box 380, 00531 Helsinki.
Application must include:
- Applicant’s motivation: take no more than one page to present the motivation for the proposed cooperation, its significance to the host institution, the background for the cooperation and a short description of the research environment. You should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project and its possible financial support to the program holder, especially if your application is for less than €1,500 per month. A preliminary plan for subsequent funding of proposed research will be required in case the application is submitted in order to begin a doctoral dissertation in Finland (or to continue a doctoral dissertation at its early stages).
- A complete CV of the program candidate, which should include, for example, any previous visits to Finland, qualifications (a Master’s degree is a minimum requirement) and publications.
- Research plan (3 to 5 pages, including an introduction, objectives, work plan/work methods, expected results and their possible applications, as well as the most relevant references. If the proposal is part of a larger project, the candidate’s role should be described in the research plan.
- Applications will be Rolling, but apply five months before the planned start of the fellowship..
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below