Egerton University, EU 2021/2022 Admission requirement for all the courses at the Postgraduate, Masters and PhD level is updated every year. Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the Postgraduate courses coupled with their general requirements.
For admission into programmes of study at the Egerton University, EU for any first degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for successful admission.
EGERTON UNIVERSITY, EU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Minimum Entry Requirements for Master’s Degree
Application forms may be obtained from the Director, Board of Postgraduate studies upon payment of a prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly completed.
- All applicants for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then
forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty board concerned for approval Egerton University Statutes 2008 51 and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate studies.
- Applicants shall be admitted to only one-degree programme at a time.
- Admission shall be confirmed by letter from the Direct, Board of Postgraduate Studies
- Admission shall be offered to holders of a Bachelor’s Degree with an Upper Second Class Honours or above or equivalent qualification from recognized Institutions.
- In exceptional cases, the Senate may also admit to the Master’s programme a non-holder of Upper Second Class Honours provided that such candidate can, on the basis of the research and other scholarly work done, demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Senate qualification to undertake postgraduate studies.
- Subject to approval by the Senate, Departments may formulate regulations requiring applicants to have attained other academic qualifications as may be consistent with the goals of their Master’s programmes or to appear for an interview to determine their suitability for admission.
- In exceptional cases, the holder of lower second class honour may be admitted if they have two years of relevant experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Doctorate Degree
Candidates wishing to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme at Egerton University must meet the following
a) Have appropriate preparatory academic training as
evidenced by at least one of the following:
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree of Egerton University
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree or an equivalent academic qualification of any other recognized institution.
- Be a candidate enrolled for a Master’s Degree in Egerton University for at least one year who has to the satisfaction of the Senate shown exceptional progress in the Research Work to merit upgrading.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree whom the Senate has specially exempted from the Master’s programme.
b) Fulfill specific requirements as may be stipulated by the respective Department,
Faculty/School/Institute/Campus with regard to the field of study.