Egerton University, EU 2023/2024 Admission requirements for all the courses at the postgraduate, masters, and PhD levels are updated every year. Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the Postgraduate courses, along with their general requirements.
For admission into programmes of study at Egerton University, EU, for any first degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for successful admission:
EGERTON UNIVERSITY, EU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Minimum Entry Requirements for Master’s Degree
Application forms may be obtained from the Director, Board of Postgraduate Studies, upon payment of a prescribed non-refundable fee and returned duly completed.
- All applicants for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then
forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the faculty board concerned for approval under Egerton University Statutes 2008 51 and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate Studies.
- Applicants shall be admitted to only one degree programme at a time.
- Admission shall be confirmed by letter from the Director, Board of Postgraduate Studies
- Admission shall be offered to holders of a bachelor’s degree with upper second-class honours or above or equivalent qualification from recognised institutions.
- In exceptional cases, the Senate may also admit to the Master’s programme a non-holder of Upper Second Class Honours, provided that such candidate can, on the basis of the research and other scholarly work done, demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Senate qualification to undertake postgraduate studies.
- Subject to approval by the Senate, departments may formulate regulations requiring applicants to have attained other academic qualifications as may be consistent with the goals of their master’s programmes or to appear for an interview to determine their suitability for admission.
- In exceptional cases, the holder of a lower second-class honour may be admitted if they have two years of relevant experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Doctorate Degree
Candidates wishing to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme at Egerton University must meet the following requirements:
a) Have appropriate preparatory academic training as
evidenced by at least one of the following:
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree of Egerton University
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree or an equivalent academic qualification from any other recognised institution.
- Be a candidate enrolled for a Master’s Degree at Egerton University for at least one year who has, to the satisfaction of the Senate, shown exceptional progress in the research work to merit upgrading.
- Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree whom the Senate has specially exempted from the master’s programme.
b) Fulfil specific requirements as may be stipulated by the respective department, faculty, school, institute, or campus with regard to the field of study.
- Egerton University Unit Pre-Registration Procedure >>>
- Egerton University Student Portal >>>
- Download Egerton University Admission Letter >>>
- How to Access Egerton University eLearning Portal >>>
- List of Distance Learning Courses Offered at Egerton University >>>
- Egerton University Cut Off Points >>>
- Egerton University Fee Structure >>>
- Egerton University Academic Calendar >>>
- Egerton University Admission Requirements >>>
- Egerton University Online Application Forms >>>
- Egerton University Resumption Dates >>>
- Egerton University Distance Learning Fees >>>
- Egerton University Part-time Application Form >>>
- Part-time Courses Offered at Egerton University >>>
- Egerton University Part-time Fee Structure >>>