Application for the Entry Scholarship for International Students in China – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University in China.
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a pioneering international university based in the World Heritage city of Suzhou on China’s east coast. XJTLU takes a unique approach to international education that combines, encourages and develops the teachings of its two founding institutions, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China and the University of Liverpool, UK. Up to RMB 44,000 (or up to 50 per cent of the tuition fee) per year based on academic excellence
Students who are non-native English speakers must have satisfactory English language qualifications to study at the University.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ENTRY SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Any international student who has applied or is applying for full-time degree programmes at XJTLU starting in September of the 2016/17 academic year.
- In each academic year during his/her study at XJTLU, the average score of all courses should be top 25% among all the students on the same academic programme.
- Both international and Chinese students are eligible unless otherwise noted.
- International students and Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan are eligible.
- Students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan may apply with the following:
- A minimum grade of 400 on the Joint Entrance Examination to Chinese Universities for Overseas Chinese Students and Students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, or
- General Scholastic Ability Test (GSAT) ranking of at least the top 50 per cent for 4 subjects, including English and Maths. For detailed information see information in Chinese.
- Entry into Year 1: Completion of the credentials that lead to university admission in your country of study. Consideration is given to the complete high school record, with emphasis on grades obtained in courses most relevant to your intended programme of study. Students will normally be expected to have the equivalent of a high standing high school or equivalent school in their country, and a B in Mathematics for Science subjects and a C in non-science subjects.
- Entry into Year 2: Students who have completed A-levels or International Baccalaureate (or equivalent) will be considered for entry into Year 2. A-Level: BBB, IB: 30 points, SAT: high school diploma with a GPA of 3.0, plus three SAT subject tests of at least 600 in each subject., AP: high school diploma with a GPA of 3.0, plus three AP subjects at Grade 4 or above.
- Any students who are non-native English speakers must have satisfactory English language qualifications to study at the University. Various English qualifications are accepted, including IELTS: 5.5 for year 1 entry (5.0 if undertaking intensive English pathway in Year 1 at XJTLU), or 6.5 for year 2 entry. Or TOEFL: 72 (iBT) for year 1 entry, or 90 (iBT) for year 2 entry.
ENTRY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early for admission to XJTLU undergraduate programmes to ensure availability of scholarship opportunities.
- Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Choose your programme
- Click/tap Apply on the programme page
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
- Your indication of interest during the online programme application process and filling in the ‘XJTLU Entry Scholarship’ section are required to be considered for this application . Entry opportunities are renewable annually subject to continued strong academic performance.
Application must include:
- In addition to the application for the opportunity , the applicant must submit the following documents:
- Certificates of education qualifications and transcripts, translated into English.
- Certificates of English language qualifications such as IELTS, TOEFL or other acceptable English -qualifications (as required for non-native speakers of English)
- SAT, ACT, GSAT or other entrance aptitude test scores (if available)
- Photocopy of passport.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 29, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below