Application for the EPSRC ICASE & Tata Steel PhD Funding for UK and EU Students in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Swansea University in UK.
The programme aims to develop the understanding of the slot die and curtain coating processes to allow it to deposit a high viscosity solvent-based coating for the steel industry. The programme covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,285 plus additional funds available for research expenses.
Founded in 1996, the Swansea University is a research-led institution with an outstanding reputation for the quality of its student experience. It offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses to 19,160 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
EPSRC ICASE & TATA STEEL FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Candidates should hold a minimum of an upper second class (2:1) honours degree (or it’s equivalent) in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Familiarity with modelling and experience in experimental work involving liquid coatings would be beneficial.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of this university.
- English Language requirements (IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) to be met by point of application.
EPSRC ICASE & TATA STEEL FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Two-page CV
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two written references (academic or previous employer)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below