Application for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Scholarships in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM) in Europe.
The program is available for aspirants to undertake a one-year taught Master’s program of study related to economic, social or technological development. Fees, maintenance of £13,320 (in session 2020/21), return economy travel and other allowances. The fellows are appointed for 12 months either by a stipend (an agreement for a research training program) or a working contract, For the entire period of 12 months, the fellow will receive a monthly allowance or salary (depending on the type of contract) which may vary depending on the country, Costs for travelling to and from the institutes will be paid under conditions determined by the contract. This allowance/salary will be transferred to the fellow’s personal bank account, For stipends, the fellow is covered by personal health insurance provided by Campus France the cost of which is paid by ERCIM-EEIG. The insurance covers medical transportation costs if needed, payment of a lump sum for invalidity or death, personal liability. Female fellows are informed that expenses related to pregnancy can be covered by this insurance under certain limited circumstances. The insurance does not cover the fellow’s family. The fellow will have to conform strictly to the modalities required by Campus France to obtain the benefit of this insurance, Costs for travelling to and from the host institutions will be reimbursed on the basis of an economic class aeroplane ticket or first-class train ticket. Travel by car will be reimbursed on the basis of a first-class train ticket. No moving expenses are allocated. The limit is 500 euros per trip (2 trips can be planned), Research Exchange Programme: Fellows have to spend at least a one-week visit to another ERCIM member institute. ERCIM-EEIG will cover reasonable expenses (including but not limited: travel, accommodation, meal) up to a maximum amount calculated on the basis of 100 euros per month over the fellowship period, Participation in scientific conferences: The Fellow is encouraged to attend and to submit papers to scientific conferences during his or her fellowship. ERCIM-EEIG will cover registration costs and travel expenses up to a maximum sum calculated at a rate of 100 euros per month under the condition that the fellow has an accepted paper at the conference.
The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust objectives have closely followed the interests of the Ferguson family in their commitment to education, peace, and development in the Third World.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ERCIM FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- These Fellowships are available for PhD holders from all over the world.
- The topics focus on the ERCIM institutes’ scientific fields of competence. List of Subjects: Computer Science, InformationTechnology, and Applied Mathematics.
- Applicants must have:
- have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record
- be fluent in English
- be discharged or get a deferment from military service
- the fellowship is restricted to two terms (one reselection possible)
- have completed the PhD before starting the grant (a proof will be requested before your arrival).
- To be eligible to apply for this application , students must have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
ERCIM FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of application is online. Only online applications are accepted.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 30, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below