Application for the ETH Zurich Student Summer Research Fellowship Program in Switzerland – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland. Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
Accommodation. Affordable housing during the research stay will be organized, once a candidate is accepted into the program. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ETH ZURICH PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications for the programme are open to students across the globe.
- You are eligible for the Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following:
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2020 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
- Formal evidence is not required. You will need a good working knowledge of English in order to participate fully. Your language ability may be assessed during the interview. The program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.
ETH ZURICH PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- After your registration SiROP offers you to affiliate with your own institution. Such an affiliation is an optional step and only available for students from universities which are part of the SiROP network. This optional step to create an affiliation is NOT required if you want to apply.
Application must include:
After clicking the «Apply now» button on the linked SiROP page you will be asked to fill in personal data and upload several documents:
- Your CV. Please use the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from your home university. Use the grading system that your university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that you have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 15, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below