Application for the EU Slovak Government Awards for Developing Countries – 2019/2020 Entry is now open for International students by the Government of the Slovak Republic.
The aim of the Government of the Slovak Republic Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The Government of the Slovak Republic each year awards scholarships for eligible developing countries’ students. It is the central body of the state administration of the Slovak Republic for elementary, secondary and higher education, educational facilities, lifelong learning, science and for the state’s support for sports and youth.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
EU SLOVAK GOVERNMENT AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from developing countries can apply
- A government award may be awarded to a national of a partnering country as defined in Subsection (2) who a) has 1. temporary residence for the purpose of studies,10) 2. temporary residence as a third party national granted Slovak Living Abroad status,11) or 3. the right to stay on the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period in excess of three months,12)
- A full-time student at a public university located in the Slovak Republic in one of the academic programs contained in the notice defined in Subsection 2 who demonstrates command of Slovak at the level required by the given public university, or 2. a participant in language education for the purposes of university studies (“language education”)
- As of 1 September of the year in which the application for a government award is submitted, 1. is at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a first-level or second-level academic program or an academic program combining first and second-levels or studies in such an academic program or 2. is at least 23 years of age and not more than 35 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a third-level academic program or studies in such an academic program.
EU SLOVAK GOVERNMENT AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The mode of application is online. All applications must include:
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references – Applications without this document will not be considered
- A full CV including contact details
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before May 30, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below