Application for the Evidence Leadership Award for AAS Fellows, Affiliates & Grantees in Kenya – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at The African Academy of Sciences in Kenya.
This is designed for East and West African students who want to know the use of evidence in decision-making in government institutions to apply for a leadership award to recognize these efforts.
Established in 1985, the African Academy of Sciences is an Africa-wide scientific organization located in Nairobi, Kenya. It provides an efficient and effective implementation of policies and programmes throughout Africa.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
AAS FELLOWS, AFFILIATES & GRANTEES ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Candidates from East and West African countries
- The fellowship will be awarded in any subject.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be an AAS fellow, grantee or affiliate.
- Be from one of the eligible countries in East and West Africa (East Africa: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo).
- Be able to communicate in English or French.
- The awardee should also be able and available to travel to the July Evidence uptake conference in Nairobi.
- Provide at least 3 referees who will attest to their EIDM initiative(s) and its/their contribution to enabling evidence use. One of these referees must be a policymaker whom your work has benefited or impacted.
- Applicants must have previous year degree from any recognized institution/university.
- You should check all the English language requirements when you come to study at Melbourne University.
AAS FELLOWS, AFFILIATES & GRANTEES APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- In order to apply, applicants are required to downloading the application form and after completing the form they will submit via email to [email protected].
Application must include:
- Basic demographic information, name institutional affiliation and position held, short public biography of the applicant, CV, contact details of at least three referees, and a sample of any articles about your work related to EIDM.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below