Application for the FMI International PhD Program in Switzerland – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI) in Switzerland.
In order to be eligible for the opportunity program, applicants must hold a university degree that would formally qualify them to enter a PhD or equivalent program in their home country (MSc., Diploma, DEA etc.). The FMI provides financial support to graduate students in accordance with the scale of the Swiss National Science Foundation. Income is generous relative to international standards for Ph.D. students.
The FMI International Ph.D. Program provides advanced, interdisciplinary training in epigenetics, neurobiology, and mechanisms of cancer.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FMI PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International candidates are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
- Fellowships are awarded for basic research in biology with a focus in epigenetics, neurobiology, and quantitative biology.
- US applicants with only a Bachelor must have successfully completed courses in Biophysics and must have laboratory experience leading to a research thesis.
- To be accepted for graduate studies at the Friedrich Miescher Institute, applicants must hold a university degree that would formally qualify them to enter a PhD or equivalent program in their home country (MSc., Diploma, DEA etc.).
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
FMI PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply for the program applicants must submit the online application form by using the given link: https://www.fmi.ch/training/phd/apply/form/
Application must include:
- Applicants must have to submit a reference letter.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 16, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below