Application for the Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship Competition in USA – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Ford Foundation in USA.
Fellowships are tenable at any fully accredited, non-proprietary (not for profit) U.S. institution of higher education offering a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree in the eligible fields of study. All arrangements for acceptance into a doctoral program at the chosen institution are the responsibility of the applicant. An applicant need not be accepted by the chosen institution at the time of application.They offer An annual stipend of $24,000, Attendance at the annual Conference of Ford Fellows and access to Ford Fellow Regional Liaisons, a network of former Ford Fellows who have volunteered to provide mentoring and support to current Fellows, and access to other networking resources
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All citizens, nationals, and permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card) of the United States can apply for these predoctoral fellowships.
- Eligibility to apply for a Ford fellowship is limited to all U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), as well as individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program1, political asylees, and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations), and Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of applying is online. Applicants must register online and establish a personal user ID and password. All application materials must be written in English and become the property of the National Academies. The online application must be submitted by 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on December 13, 2018. Supplementary Materials must be uploaded by 5:00 PM EST on January 8, 2019. No extensions or exceptions will be made for these deadlines. Items listed below in bold are required.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 10, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below