Application for the Foundation of the Republic of Austria scholarships for International Students in Austria – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Foundation of the Republic in Austria.
Foundation of the Republic of Austria aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarship, specifically for overseas students. The financial aid positions will include: Monthly Scholarship Installment: 1.050 EUR, Health insurance: OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health). The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the program, Accommodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing Office. The monthly costs are 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the program holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing Office for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the program, Travel Costs: Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump-sum depends on the country of origin.
In 2005 the Austrian National Council established the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria by an Act of Parliament, which is to provide scholarships for all areas of education and further education. The bursaries are awarded by the foundation board from funds of the Conciliation Fund of the Republic of Austria for descendants of forced labourers or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, particularly from the recruitment of forced labourers.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FOUNDATION OF THE REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International Students (except Austria) can apply for these endowments.
- Descendants of forced laborers (regardless of their country of origin)
- Or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced laborers.
- Students meeting the above-mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research on their diploma or master thesis or their dissertation.
- No opportunities are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Age limit: Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline)
for other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline)
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
FOUNDATION OF THE REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
Application must include:
- fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
– two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation, no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date, and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must be no older than six months at the time of application. The letters of recommendation and the confirmation of supervision cannot be issued by the same person.
– confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
– scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
– university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study program at a university outside Austria
– confirmation, that proves your participation in a study program (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
– for descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proof
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below