Application for the Free Online Course on Simulation Neuroscience – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the EPFL.
The EPFL is offering a free online course on Simulation Neuroscience. The aim is to build a unified empirical picture of the brain, to study the biological mechanisms of brain function, behavior, and disease. The Instructors are: Henry Markram Professor; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Idan Segev Professor; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Sean Hill Professor; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Dr. Felix Schürmann Adjunct Professor; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Dr. Eilif Muller Section Manager of Cells & Circuits in the Simulation Neuroscience Division; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Dr. Srikanth Ramaswamy Senior Scientist in the Cells & Circuits Section of the Simulation Neuroscience Division; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Werner Van Geit; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Samuel Kerrien Section Manager, Neuroinformatics Software Engineering; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Lida Kanari PhD student, Molecular Systems, Simulation Neuroscience Division; École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne.
EPFL is the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne. The past decade has seen EPFL ascend to the very top of European institutions of science and technology: it is ranked #1 in Europe in the field of engineering by the Times Higher Education (based on publications and citations), Leiden Rankings, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
This course is part of a series of three courses, where you will learn to use state-of-the-art modeling tools of the HBP Brain Simulation Platform to simulate neurons, build neural networks, and perform your own simulation experiments. We invite you to join us and share in our passion to reconstruct, simulate, and understand the brain!
FREE ONLINE COURSE ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Knowledge of ordinary differential equations, and their numerical solution
- Knowledge of programming in one of Python (preferred), C/C++, Java, MATLAB, R
FREE ONLINE COURSE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)
- Applications is At your own pace.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below