Application for the Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships for Indian Scholars in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the U.S. Government in USA.
Funded by the U.S. Government, the Fulbright Programme aims at achieving mutual understanding through academic and cultural exchange. The fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances, and modest affiliation fees if any. Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S. No allowances are provided for dependents. The grant is not sufficient to support family members.
Fulbright financial aid positions will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross-cultural relations through international exchange.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FULBRIGHT NEHRU FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Indian scholars can apply for these Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships.
- applicant should have done adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S. Applicant should be registered for his/her PhD at an Indian institution by September 1, 2021. In the online application form, one of the referees must be the PhD supervisor. S/he must comment on the research work and the usefulness of the fellowship, and indicate the PhD registration date and topic;
- This grant is intended for PhD students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis. Therefore, the expected PhD thesis submission date should not be earlier than three months after the Fulbright-Nehru grant end date. For example, if May 2022 is the grant end date, the applicant cannot submit his/her thesis before August 2022. Please indicate the PhD registration date and the expected PhD thesis submission date in the Applicant Annexure. The applicant can download the Applicant Annexure from the USIEF website;
- If the applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. You can download the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form from the USIEF website
- The applicant should upload a ‘writing sample’ such as a copy of an article or paper published/presented or extracts from the Master’s/M.Phil. thesis in the online application form.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
FULBRIGHT NEHRU FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications must be submitted online at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022
Application must include:
- Please carefully review the FNDR Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer FNDR Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application:
- FNDR Applicant Annexure
- FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 15, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below