Application for the Fully-funded Fellowship for International Students in China – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Yenching Academy of Peking University in China.
The main object of the program is to build a good connection between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master program in China Studies.The Yenching Academy will provide full fellowships that include all the following for the first academic year of study that covers tuition,accommodation in the Yenching Academy House,a travel stipend for one round-trip journey between a base city and Beijing,basic medical insurance,a monthly stipend, and expenses related to research.The Yenching Academy will also offer a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within broadly defined fields of the humanities and social sciences.
Located in Beijing, China and Established in 2014, Yenching Academy is an elite postgraduate college of Peking University. It offers international students a fellowship to pursue a Master of Arts degree programme in China Studies.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications from all nationalities are accepted.
- The master program is available in any subject offered by the university.
- Students outside of the Chinese mainland, including international students and students from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and Mainland Chinese students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field awarded no later than August 31, 2020
- Candidates must have an outstanding academic record and a strong interest in the interdisciplinary study of China.
- Students must have a record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility
- Candidate should demonstrate leadership potential and also have English proficiency.
- Applicant over the age of 28 has been admitted to the program not eligible. The average age of students entering the program is 23.
- Each Yenching Scholar can select one of six research areas in the field of China Studies and writes a thesis with guidance from a faculty advisor. Research areas are as follows: Economics and Management, History and Archaeology, Philosophy and Religion, Politics and International Relations, Law and Society, and Literature and Culture
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in any files of study.
- Before take part in the program, applicants must meet all the given English requirements and minimum scores: IELTS (Academic) -overall 7.0, TOEFL (iBT)- overall 100, Cambridge English Scale (Advanced)-overall 185, CEFR- C1 level, CET 6- overall 600, TEM 4- Pass level of “??” or above.
- Students who maintained an excellent academic standing, and plan to stay in Beijing during their second academic year can apply for the second-year Yenching Fellowship that will cover the tuition, accommodation, a monthly stipend, and basic medical insurance.
FULLY-FUNDED APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for the award, students must take admission into Yenching Academy and can apply through the online application portal.
Application must include:
- The following required materials must be in English: Personal statement (750 words or less), Curriculum Vitae, Official transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates of Enrollment, Two letters of recommendation, Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 06, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below