Application for the Fully Funded International PhD Award in Engineering Design Education in Belgium – 2019/2020 Entry is now open for International students at the at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Ghent University in Belgium.
The program is organized by the Department of Industrial Systems Engineering and Product Design at the UGent. The studentship is available for the candidates from outside Belgium and expected to move to Belgium for 4 years.
Established in 1817, Ghent University considers itself a pluralist university in a special sense. It is is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. It conducts in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains. It is known as first European university in the Songdo Global University Campus in South Korea.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FULLY FUNDED INTERNATIONAL PHD AWARD ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Positions are available for International students.
- Students must have an MSc degree in Engineering Design, Industrial/Product Design, Engineering Technology, or equivalent, Very good knowledge of design thinking; design research, good research skills in both quantitative and qualitative research methods and good knowledge of statistical software, interest in design education and problem-based learning.
- Applicant must have a deepening knowledge in technology-enhanced learning, experience in education, or degree in educational sciences is an asset and self-motivating, creative, critical and analytical mindset; capable of working in groups and participate in learning projects; capacity for autonomous, structured and in-depth research.
- All seekers need to provide valid proof of the required level of Dutch at level B2 for the program.
FULLY FUNDED INTERNATIONAL PHD AWARD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
You need to take admission in PhD degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled at the university, claimants can apply for the fund by submitting their application through email to [email protected]. All applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining background, experience, and motivation for this position, CV, the contact information of two academic supervisors, one design work that showcases design thinking, one written piece of work preferably most relevant to the research proposal.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 30, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below