Application for the Hawk Scholarships for International Students in Ireland – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Science Foundation Ireland Centre for Research Training in Advanced Networks for Sustainable Societies and Munster Technological University in Ireland.
The successful candidate will contribute to the multi-million euro H2020 Project WARIFA. The main focus areas of the project are the prevention of melanoma skin cancer by reducing unhealthy sun exposure, and the prevention of the complications of diabetes by improving lifestyle risk factors such as unhealthy diet and physical inactivity. Successful applicants will receive a tax-free stipend of approx. €18,500 per year for up to four years including EU tuition fees, research and equipment costs, and all costs associated with training related covered.
The SFI Centers for Research Training in Advanced Networks for Sustainable Societies focuses on enabling technologies for future hyper-networks, including concepts such as network virtualization, dependable communications, Internet of Things, data-driven network management, and applications in sustainable and independent living. This center will train the next generation of researchers who will seek solutions to the technical and societal challenges of global hyper-connectivity.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Outside of Ireland and the EU are accepted.
- The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Candidate has skills in Hierarchical Bayesian Networks/Deep Learning algorithms, Semantic and structured database, Handling ubiquitous data, excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Students must hold at least a 2.1 honors undergraduate/postgraduate degree in relevant disciplines such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or related disciplines with strong programming skills.
- Applicants must have evidence of English language proficiency for non-native speakers based on an IELTS (or similar) score of 6.5.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Interested candidates can send an application with the following documents directly to Dr. Mohammed Hasanuzzaman ([email protected])
Application must include:
- Primary and highest degree(s) and awarding institutions; GPA/degree class, a CV (maximum 3 pages), a max. 2-page statement of motivation including a description of:” Why you wish to undertake an advance Degree PhD (with reference to your future career plans)”.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 28, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below