Application for the Albukhary Funding for International Students in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (FWO) in Belgium.The Special PhD fellowship is intended to enable persons not employed within scientific research to complete a PhD within a year and to obtain study leave from their current employer for this purpose. The amount of award is identical to the last net salary of the main activity.
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency that stimulates and supports ground-breaking fundamental research in all areas of science at the universities in the Flemish Community, including associated research institutes.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FWO PHD FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- You have a diploma at least equivalent to a master’s degree following a bachelor’s degree and awarded by the competent institutions in one of the countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- You are permanently employed.
- You are not professionally involved in scientific research.
- Your employer is willing to give you temporary leave or unpaid leave for 1 year. You are entitled to return to your job after the leave ends.
- You relinquish any secondary activity and associated remuneration.
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
FWO PHD FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You contact a promotor affiliated to a Flemish university who is ready to guide you as a doctorandus.
Application must include:
- The promotor is invited by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You submit your application online
- Your application is submitted to the Cross-Domain Panel.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 2, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below