Application for the GC Henderson Funding for International Students in Australia – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Sydney in Australia.
The funding program assists excellent students to study a full-time master by research or a PhD in the Department of Anthropology, Archaeology or History. This scholarship provides a stipend equivalent to the minimum Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate for the following duration, subject to satisfactory academic performance: Up to two years for a PhD recipient, and Up to 1.75 years for a master’s by research recipient.
Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Australia. It offers more than 20 undergraduate degrees and over 40 postgraduate coursework degrees.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GC HENDERSON FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world.
- The studentships are awarded to conduct research into the history of the Polynesian, Melanesian and Micronesian communities.
- To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria;
- Be enrolled or have an unconditional offer to study a full-time master’s by research or a PhD in the Department of Anthropology, Archaeology (Prehistoric and Historical), or History.
- Have completed your undergraduate degree or equivalent within four years or less.
- Have completed a course of lectures in anthropology.
- Be willing to undertake research into the history of Polynesian, Melanesian and Micronesian communities.
- Be willing to spend at least three months during scholarship tenure in the island(s) whose history you are studying.
- For taking admission in the university, applicants will need to meet the academic entry requirements of the program.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
GC HENDERSON FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Applicants must attach all the required documents such as academic transcripts, research experience, professional experience, area of study &research proposal, curriculum vitae, reports from two academic referees and personal statement.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before May 7, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below