Application for the GCB MD-PhD Positions Scholarship for Swiss Nationals in Switzerland – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the University of Bern in Switzerland.
The aim of the dual training is to equip MD-PhD graduates to pursue a career combining research and clinics in an academic setting, to become experts in translational medicine and to contribute to evidence-based medicine. MD-PhD opportunities are awarded for a minimum of two to a maximum of three years, within a time window of four years starting from the date of matriculation as an MD-PhD or Ph.D. student. This time window may be extended by a maximum of one year in justified cases. The reasons for requesting an extension of the time window must be explained in the application.
The University of Bern is a university in the Swiss capital of Bern and was founded in 1834. It is regulated and financed by the Canton of Bern. It is a comprehensive university offering a broad choice of courses and programs in eight faculties and some 150 institutes
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MD-PHD SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Available to applicants from Switzerland.
- Applicants must have successfully completed their studies in human, veterinary or dental medicine and be admitted as doctoral students in the local MD-PhD program of a Swiss university by the time of the program starts. They must have been residents of Switzerland for at least 2 years by the submission deadline. Complete participation requirements and evaluation criteria are described in the program regulations.
- They have successfully completed their studies in human medicine, veterinary medicine or dentistry at a Swiss university by the time the program starts. Applicants with a foreign medical degree must have been legal residents of Switzerland for a minimum of two years by the submission deadline;
- They have generally obtained their medical degree directly before but no more than three years before the submission deadline;
- They are admitted as doctoral students in the local MD-PhD program of a Medical Faculty at a Swiss university and comply with all the local requirements;
MD-PHD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications, written in English using the SAMS application form, must be sent to the local MD-PhD commission of the Medical Faculty at which the applicant is or intends to be matriculated as a doctoral student. Contact details of the commissions and information on the local MD-PhD programs can be found here: Local MD-PhD Commissions.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 15. will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below