Application for the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) International Scholarships – 2020/2021 Entry is now open for International & Ghanaian Students at the University for Ghana in Ghana.
The Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS) at the University of Ghana is accepting applications for the award of the 2020/2021 German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarships to pursue Master of Arts (MA) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in Population Studies at RIPS.
RIPS is an important institution in anglophone Africa for the training of population scientists and generation of high-quality research in population and related disciplines in order to provide solutions for solving development challenges in Ghana and beyond.
The DAAD scholarship will cover tuition, stipends and accommodation for one-year Master of Arts (MA) and four-year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) students.
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948, for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GERMAN ACADEMIC EXCHANGE SERVICE (DAAD) INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree and obtained a second class lower minimum to qualify for the MA programme or a Master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 to qualify for the PhD programme.
- Applicants must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
- Applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of a West African country (Inclusive Cameroon).
- Women and people working in population-related sectors are encouraged to apply.
GERMAN ACADEMIC EXCHANGE SERVICE (DAAD) INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Your admission process will go through the steps below. Please take note of deadlines.
- Candidate’s application submitted to RIPS for shortlisting by December 15th, 2019
- Shortlisted candidates to be notified about status by January 13th, 2020
- Shortlisted candidates to submit their applications via DAAD portal by February 7th, 2020
- Scholarship awardees to receive notification by April/May 2020
- All shortlisted candidates are to apply to the University of Ghana for admissions when admissions open. Please check the University of Ghana website for more information at http://www.ug.edu.gh
Applications are received online through the admission portal provided. Applicants are required to upload the following documents:
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Undergraduate Transcript
- One-page personal statement
- TOEFL/IELTS examination grades not more than two years at the time of application (if applying as a national or permanent resident of Francophone/Lusophone country)
- Graduate and Undergraduate Certificates
- Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts
- One-page personal statement
- Research proposal (this must include a research background, proposed research objective(s)/question(s) and methods sections) (3-page maximum, 1.5 line spaced minimum)
- Master’s degree obtained with a Master’s dissertation/thesis written in English (if applying as a national or permanent resident of Francophone/Lusophone country)
- TOEFL examination grades not more than two years at the time of application (if applying as a national or permanent resident of Francophone/Lusophone country)
The deadline for application is December 02, 2019.
Click here for more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below