Application for the Getty Foundation Graduate Internships for International Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Getty Foundation in USA.
Internships are open to students of all nationalities. The grant amount is $47,500 for twelve months, plus $1,500 towards relocation expenses if the intern is coming from outside the Los Angeles area. Housing is not provided. Support for research travel is available for up to $2,500. Graduate Interns are eligible to enroll in Getty’s health care plan. Please note that grant funds may be subject to federal and state taxes and deductions.
Internship is offered to graduate students who intend to pursue careers in fields related to the visual arts. Training and work experience placements are available in areas such as curatorial, education, conservation, research, publications, information management, public programs, and grant-making.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GETTY FOUNDATION INTERNSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Internships are open to students of all nationalities.
- Getty Graduate Internships are offered in the four programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust—the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Getty Research Institute, the Getty Conservation Institute, and the Getty Foundation, as well as in Getty Publications—to graduate students who intend to pursue careers in fields related to the visual arts. Training and work experience placements are available in areas such as curatorial, education, conservation, research, publications, information management, public programs, and grant-making.
GETTY FOUNDATION INTERNSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Graduate Internship application form by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on January 10, 2022. Materials received after the deadline will result in an incomplete application. We cannot accept applications hand-delivered to the Getty Center or those sent by e-mail or fax.
Application must include:
- Personal Statement: Your Personal Statement should consist of no more than 500 words (two double-spaced pages) that explain how your Getty internship selections (choose two in order of preference) fit with your background and career goals. Include the reasons for your choice of specific departments or programs for an internship. Also, describe what you hope to achieve from the experience and what you believe you can contribute.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Current resumes are required for all applicants. Please limit resumes to five pages.
- Transcript(s)/Academic Records:We require transcripts/academic records for undergraduate degree/s (completed) and graduate degree/s (completed or in progress). Multiple transcripts must be combined into a single PDF before upload. Please be aware that we may request hard copies of official transcripts/academic records at a later date in the evaluation process.
-If you graduated from a school outside of the United States, transcripts may be substituted with proof of completed courses and/or copies of diploma(s).
–If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, provide proof of current enrollment (for example, your most recent transcript or academic record).
- Letters of Recommendation (2): Applicants must request two confidential letters of recommendation submitted directly by their recommenders through the application system.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 10, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below