Application for the Getty Scholar Grants for International Students in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Getty Foundation in USA.
The main purpose of this award is to provide financial support to the researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences. The Getty Foundation will provide all the following study expenses and Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months: Three-month residency: September to December, January to April, April to June: $21,500, Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000, and Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000.
In 1993, the Foundation launched the Multicultural Undergraduate Internship Program to increase staff diversity within visual arts organizations in the Los Angeles County. It had approximately 30 full-time and part-time employees, and a budget of $27.8 million.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GETTY SCHOLAR GRANTS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- Grants are available for researchers who are working in the arts, humanities or social sciences to pursue their own projects at the Getty Research Institute.
- To be eligible, the candidates must have a masters degree from a recognized university.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
GETTY SCHOLAR GRANTS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections. Curriculum Vitae and Optional Writing Sample.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below