Application for the KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship – 2021 Entry is now open at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology(KNUST) in Ghana.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education. The goal is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who would influence change on the African Continent.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST) provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders. The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution
MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Prospective applicants should:
- Download a Copy of the 2020/2021 Application Form (here!)
- Submit the completed application form by hand to:
- The Program Manager
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
- Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST-Kumasi, Ghana
Applications close at 17:00GMT, at 17:00GMT, Monday, 31st March 2021