Application for the Ghent Post-Doctoral Position for Undergraduate Student in Belgium – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Ghent in Belgium. The educational award is designed to give for outstanding students who have a chance to study a PhD degree for the academic year 2020/21.
Ghent University is one of the major research universities in Belgium. This university was founded in 1817 and its 11 faculties offer a wide academic portfolio, including courses in every scientific discipline, while its research investment averages around £180million annually.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GHENT POST-DOCTORAL POSITION ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Please contact directly via email [email protected] to know about the nationality.
- The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Completion of a PhD in one of the following disciplines: Physics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant disciplines preferably in related areas.
- A track record and demonstration of aptitude for organizing high-quality research activities as evidenced by research publications, in the leading journals and conferences.
- An outstanding background in areas relevant to Physical Chemistry, optics, bio and environmental sensing. Candidates should be interested in a study on ultra-thin 2D semiconductor films, ideally with a strong background in semiconductor devices based on 2D materials.
- Experience in working with laser and optical devices, and working in a clean environment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational background, skills, and experience in using initiative, working with minimal supervision, and the ability to prioritize the tasks and responsibilities to achieve projected objectives within the timeliness.
- The candidate should be capable of working with materials characterization tests, including Raman, FTIR, SEM, and AFM.
- The capability for teamwork and collaboration with other team members.
- The ability of the co-supervision of the junior team members.
- Enough experience in assisting with supervision of students undertaking undergraduate research projects
- You must have a master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant disciplines preferably in related areas.
- Excellent interpersonal writing and speaking capabilities in English.
GHENT POST-DOCTORAL POSITION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- The applicants are asked to send their CV, recommendation letters, and the PhD diploma.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below