Application for the GIGA Scholarships for International Students in Japan – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Keio University in Japan.
This scholarship is awarded to hard-working students who display an aptitude for an interest in advanced information technology and policy and seek to contribute to the global society using their acquired knowledge and skills. Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship: The scholarship amount for living expenses in 2019 is 117,000JPY per month; Travelling Costs, Transportation to Japan, Returning to your home country. While for MASADA KOBAYASHI Scholarship: JPY 1,000,000 per year.The scholarship will be used for the payment of academic fees required at the time of entering the University. The rest of the scholarship amount will be paid into the scholarship recipient’s bank account after enrollment.
Keio University opened its fifth university campus in Shonan Fujisawa in 1990. Located near the metropolis of Yokohama, Fujisawa is the ideal haven for academic endeavours with its quiet atmosphere.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GIGA SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Scholarships are open to international students.
- be accepted through Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program) to enter the Faculty of Policy Management or the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies in September 2022
- be an incoming first-year student
- be a foreign national
- Applicants whose native language is not English and who do not graduate from a high school that uses English as the medium of instruction are required to submit certification of the official score of any of the following English language proficiency tests taken within two years of the application deadline. Results of other tests may be accepted; however, you should contact the Admissions Office at least two months before the application period to confirm acceptability. There is no minimum required band score, the average score of successful applicants is not announced.
- TOEFL (Institution: 0773 Department: 00)(TOEFL-ITP score not accepted)
- TOEIC (TOEIC-IP score not accepted)
- United Nations Association’s Test of English (UNATE)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test in Practical English Proficiency (EIKEN).
- Applicants whose native language is English or whose high school uses English as the medium of instruction are not required to submit results of any of the tests listed above.
GIGA SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- If you decide to apply for the scholarships above, you may register from the Admission Web Entry System of Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 31, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below