Application for the Global Sporting Excellence Scholarships at University of Western Australia in Australia – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the University of Western Australia in Australia.
The study program is open to high-performing athletes, coaches, and officials around the world who want to undergraduate and postgraduate study at the university. The University of Western Australia will provide an award amount of AUD$48,000 over four years on eligible courses or AUD$36,000 over three years; postgraduate students can receive up to AUD$24,000 over two years on eligible courses.
The University of Western Australia is a public research university recognized as the sixth-oldest university in Australia. It offers an undergraduate degree program and a postgraduate degree program, and doctoral-level programs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GLOBAL SPORTING EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are open to students from across the globe.
- The scholarship will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate in any subject offered by the university.
- be a citizen of one of the countries on this list.
- Have received an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at The University of Western Australia.
- have achieved an equivalent:
- ATAR of 88.00 – 98.00+; or
- WAM of 70.00 – 85.00+
- If studying an approved International Academic Pathway (Articulation Program), students must have achieved a WAM equivalent of more than 75.00
- Sports eligibility:
- Athletes are required to register and play for the UWA-affiliated sporting club of the student’s chosen field in which the scholarship was awarded and on the proviso that the UWA club competes in the highest available domestic league.
- Coaches are required to register and coach within the UWA-affiliated sporting club of the student’s chosen field in which the scholarship was awarded.
- Sports officials must register and officiate within the WA state sporting league of the student’s chosen field.
- Be available, where practicable, to represent/coach/officiate for the University in university national and international events.
- Meet tier 3 or above of UWA Student Athlete Program (SADP) classification
- National underage team member. For example: Youth Olympic team member;
- WA Institute of Sport (WAIS) (or equivalent institute) squad member/scholarship holder;
- National league team player/professional club player squad member, for example: West Coast Fever player;
- World University Championships or World University Games team member; or
- Be an accredited and qualified coach or sport official to a national program/league/institute level or higher, for example – youth national team coach, state or national institute coach, national league/championship official/coach
- Undergraduate Eligibility;
- To be eligible to be considered for the scholarship, a candidate must be applying for an eligible undergraduate bachelor’s degree or Assured Pathway course. The following exclusions apply:
- Assured Pathway to Medicine
- Assured Pathway to Pharmacy
- Assured Pathway to Dental Medicine
- Postgraduate Eligibility: To be eligible to be considered for the scholarship, a candidate must be applying for an eligible postgraduate degree (by coursework or coursework and dissertation). The following exclusions apply:
- Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Clinical Neuropsychology (01890)
- Graduate Certificate in Fieldwork Practice (12270)
- Juris Doctor (20820)
- Master of Pharmacy (51500)
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (53370)
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology (53390)
- Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology (53580)
- Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Clinical Psychology (54570)
- Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology (54580)
- Graduate Certificate in Autism Diagnosis (70230)
- Graduate Certificate in the Diagnosis and Assessment of Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) (73260)
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology (73520)
- Master of Clinical Audiology (90540)
- Doctor of Podiatric Surgery (90830)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (90870)
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (90840)
- Doctor of Medicine (90850)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (90860)
- Doctor of Optometry (91590)
- Master of Social Work (11550)
- UWA Micro-credentials.
- For admission, aspirants must hold their previous degree certificates with good academic grades.
- Demonstrating the English language ability by taking the TOEFL or IELTS test is a must if your country’s language is not English.
GLOBAL SPORTING EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Interested participants are required to take admission in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at the university.