Application for the GMCTF Grants for Sudanese Students in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Gordon Memorial College Trust Fund in UK.
The purpose of the Fund is to promote educational development in South Sudan and Sudan. Grants may be given towards the cost of course fees, and/or food and accommodation, and occasionally for other academic expenses, such as books.
Gordon Memorial College, an educational institution in Sudan, was built between 1899 and 1902 as part of Lord Kitchener’s wide-ranging educational reforms, and also named in honor of Gordon.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GMCTF GRANTS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Have completed the first degree
- Have achieved in that degree a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.3 out of 4.0, or a minimum of an upper second class degree (2.1), or equivalent international qualifications
- Have good written and spoken English and provide evidence of a good score in a recognized English language test, e.g. ITELS or TOEFL
- Approach two referees who can comment on their suitability for the award of a GMCTF grant, and ask each referee to send their comments on your application to the GMCTF by the due date.
- Provide information on the total annual cost of their chosen course, including all tuition and bench fees and maintenance costs, what proportion of these costs is available to the student and the source(s) of these funds, as well as the sum requested from the GMCT
- Be a national of South Sudan or Sudan
- Provide information on their visa status
- Demonstrate that their chosen course will enable them to contribute to the skills base of South Sudan or Sudan, and demonstrate their intention to return to South Sudan or Sudan after their studies.
- Gordon Memorial College Trust Fund is available for the students of South Sudan or Sudan.
GMCTF GRANTS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You have to fill the online application form with two referees who can comment on their suitability for the award of a GMCTF grant, and ask each referee to send their comments on your application to the GMCTF by the due date.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 28, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below