Application for the Graduate Assistant Geology Scholarships for USA Students in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Hawaii in USA.
The programme is aimed at recognizing and rewarding academic achievement and leadership ability of students. To be awarded this application scheme, applicants must be engaged in the University of Hawaii masters or PhD degree programme. The University of Hawaii will provide the educational fund to all the deserving students in the USA.
Founded in 1907, the University of Hawaii is a public college and university system that confers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees through three university campuses. It has three university centres, four education centres and various other research facilities distributed across six islands throughout the state of Hawai?i in the United States.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GEOLOGY SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- USA students
- Masters or PhD degree in theoretical, numerical skills to work on a funded, cross-disciplinary project, involving geology and astronomy, marine geology/astrochronology/cyclostratigraphy, quantitative skills, physics, astronomy, numerics.
- Applicants must have a record of rigorous university-level coursework in science or engineering, including undergraduate studies in biology, physics, chemistry, geology, mathematics, microbiology, zoology, or related fields.
- All applicants must have completed college-level mathematics and calculus courses that include linear algebra, ordinary differential equations, and vector calculus.
- Applicants must also have completed at least one year each of college-level physics and chemistry.
- Student must have a theoretical/numerical skills to work on a funded, cross-disciplinary project, involving geology and astronomy, i.e., in the area of marine geology/astrochronology/cyclostratigraphy. Quantitative skills or a background in physics, astronomy, numerics (or similar)
- TOEFL scores are required of foreign applicants for whom English is not their primary language.
GEOLOGY SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- For capturing this educational opportunity, aspirants have to take admission in the masters or PhD degree programme at the university.
Application must include:
- Letter of recommendation form (PDF)
- Graduate Program Supplemental Information Form (PDF)
- Statement of Objectives
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 15, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below