Application for the Graduate Awards for New Zealand and International Students in New Zealand – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand.
The main objective of the university is to provide high-quality, comprehensive educational, and training opportunities that are compatible with the changing needs of the students. These awards consist of domestic tuition fees payable for the nominated degree program up to the value of $5,000. Graduate Awards are awarded solely on the basis of academic merit.
Victoria University has a tradition of fostering strong global links in teaching and research and programs of national significance and international quality.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GRADUATE AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- New Zealand and international students can apply for these awards.
- The intended program must include at least 90 points of coursework at either 400 or 500 level.
- These opportunities are not available for post-experience or vocational master’s degrees e.g. MBA, MLIS MMIS nor to students intending to embark on the fourth year of a four-year undergraduate degree program e.g. LLB, BTech, BEng.
- Postgraduate Diploma study will only be considered if it is recognized as Part 1 of a two year Masters course.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved at least an A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 72 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires less than 60 points, the additional points must be in a 300 level subject either in their major or in a related subject.
- Victoria Graduate Awards shall be awarded solely on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 75 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires fewer than 60 points, the additional points must be in a 300 level subject related to their major.
- These opportunities are awarded based on the funds available determining the final minimum GPA requirement in any one year.
- Holding a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the scholarship recipient gaining enrolment in their intended Honours or Masters program.
- The Awards are for domestic tuition fees only whilst studying at Victoria University of Wellington and are not available for field trips or exchanges.
- Applicants may be able to show that they have an English speaking background if they have been in skilled employment in New Zealand and have been for at least 12 months or they can show:
-completed primary and at least three years’ secondary schooling at schools using English
-completed at least five years’ secondary schooling at schools using English
-completed a tertiary course of three years or more at institutions using English.
GRADUATE AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants who have not completed all of their study at Victoria University must:
- An online application will be available approximately one month before the closing date.
* Enrolling as an Honours or Masters student and applying for a Victoria Graduate Award are two separate processes. The holding of a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the scholarship recipient gaining enrollment into their intended Honours or Masters program.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 1, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below