Application for the Hamer Scholarships for Language Study in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea – 2019 Entry is now open for International students in Asia.
The Victorian Government is awarding Hamer scholarships to Australian citizens or permanent residents of Victoria. These scholarships are offered to undertake intensive language study at nominated universities or institutions in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea.
The Victorian Government Hamer Scholarships Program is a language and cultural immersion program designed to build the Asia-engagement capabilities of Victorians and to help strengthen cultural awareness and partnerships between Victoria and Asia.
The scholarships are primarily aimed at Victorians working in the public, private, not-for-profit and creative and academic industries.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HAMER SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Australian citizens or permanent residents and residents of Victoria can apply for these Hamer scholarships.
- Aged 21 or above during the time of submitting the application
- Australian citizens or permanent residents (residents of Victoria only)
- Willing to study a language at nominated institution, for at least five months
- Not in receipt of any other language study grant, funding or scholarship
- Preference will be given to those already in the workforce.
HAMER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of application is online.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 11.59pm on 17 March 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below