Application for the Hamer Scholarships for Language Study in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Victorian Government in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea.
The Victorian Government Hamer Scholarships Program is a language and cultural immersion program designed to build the Asia-engagement capabilities of Victorians and to help strengthen cultural awareness and partnerships between Victoria and Asia. The Hamer Scholarships Program provides $10,000 scholarships for China and Indonesia and $15,000 scholarships for Japan and Korea for 5-6 months (minimum) language study at an approved institution. The Scholarship supports recipients to develop their Asian language skills, cultural competency, professional networks and market knowledge – assisting businesses to build the people-to-people contacts and market insights needed for doing business with Asia.
The bursaries are primarily aimed at Victorians working in the public, private, not-for-profit and creative and academic industries.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HAMER SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Australian citizens or permanent residents and residents of Victoria can apply for these Hamer scholarships.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident who is a resident of Victoria. Victorians living, working or studying in China, Indonesia, Japan or Korea may also be considered, however, preference will be given to those currently residing in Victoria. Proof of age, citizenship or permanent residency is required and will only be accepted in the form of passport identification and permanent residency documentation
- Be employed and endorsed by a Victorian business that meets the Employer Eligibility criteria.
- Be aged 21 or above at the time of completing the application.
- Have at least three years of professional employment in their current field.
- Be willing to study a language at a nominated institution for a minimum duration of 5-6 months. Alternative universities, institutions or non-language courses will not be considered.
- Be willing to complete an in-market business project that is endorsed by the candidate’s employer.
- Not be in receipt of any other grant, funding or funding for study in the selected country
- Agree to participate in a future program evaluation activity for up to 5 years.
HAMER SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of application is online.
Application must include:
- In-market business project proposal
- Letter of endorsement (from the candidate’s employer)
- The letter demonstrates strong support for the candidate and the in-market business
- endorses the suitability of the candidate to undertake the Scholarship
- endorses the in-market business project, explains how the project aligns with
the Asia export objectives of the organisation and the value it would provide
to the organisation
- describes any monetary or in-kind employer co-sponsorship arrangements
- Study plan and timeline
- Budget breakdown
- Employer details, including revenue and number of employees
- Candidate’s CV
- A copy of the candidate’s passport for verification of age and citizenship or permanent
residency (proof of permanent residency must be provided)
- Contact details of a referee/endorser (current employer)
- Employer statutory declaration (Appendix 1) signed by a senior representative of the company,
confirming employer eligibility.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 29, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below